Fun & Friendly Camping in the Forest of Dean
Greenacres is a small family-run campsite. The nature of the site is laid-back and relaxed and we expect that all of our visitors behave considerately to other campers, to ensure everyone has a wonderful camping experience. After all you’re on holiday so you want to have a great time!
The campsite is located a stone’s throw from the iconic Symonds Yat and River Wye attractions, and on the edge of the main forest, so you will never be short of fun things to do.
The local area is well served with shops, pubs, restaurants, attractions and activities for all ages.
The campsite has 17 hard-standing pitches and 23 grass pitches all with electric hook-up. We are open for campervans, motorhomes and caravans but recommend that the larger ones pitch on the hard-standing areas.
The on-site Reception is open from 9am to 1pm and 2-5pm. Arrivals are from 1pm – if arriving after 6pm, please let us know.
All pitches to be vacated by 11am on day of departure. If you want to leave later, please ask at Reception and we’ll see what we can do.
Camping Prices – 2021
- Pitch fees start at £16 per night and include 2 adults
- Electric hook up is available on all pitches and is £4 per night
- Additional adults are £5 per night, additional children £4 per night
- Pets are allowed – charged at £1 each per night – if you have more than 2 dogs, please contact Reception to book
CHECK AVAILABILITY >
What’s On Site…
- Modern heated shower block
- Disabled/family shower room including baby changing and bath
- Washing-up area
- Chemical waste disposal
- Water sourced from a bore hole so is completely natural and delicious!
- Laundry facilities on site
- Onsite shop sells essentials, snacks and drinks
- Our new Café sells breakfast baps, baguettes, pizza, burgers, chips, Barista style coffee and cakes
- Small play area which we plan to build on over time but we are just a 5 minute walk from our local park with play equipment for all age ranges and recently added all-inclusive play
- Dog Friendly site – there are local walks in the woods and a park, 2 minutes walk away to exercise your dog.
- Firepits to hire and wood to buy onsite
SEE OUR CAMPSITE FACILITIES >
Making Your Booking
A booking fee is required to secure your booking – 20% or £25 whichever is the greater and is non-refundable. As a family-run campsite we do our best to accommodate changes.
Cancellations – deposit refunds are at our discretion. Full balance is due 3 weeks before your arrival.
Booking is preferred online using the online booking system on this website but if you have any difficulties or special requests, we are happy to do this for you – just call or send your details via email.
Our Campsite Rules
- In the event of disruptive or anti-social behaviour – you will be asked to leave the site immediately. No refund will be due.
- Dogs must be kept under close control at all times and on a lead in the communal areas.
- Quiet times are between 10pm and 8am. This isn’t the campsite for wild all-night parties!
- BBQ and firepits are allowed but these must be sufficiently off the ground so as to not scorch the grass and safety rules must be adhered to.